The Quote Overview page gives you a snapshot view for a specific futures symbol. During market hours, delayed exchange price information displays (Futures: 10 minute delay, CT) and new delayed trade updates are updated on the page (as indicated by a "flash").
Quoteboard data fields include:
- Day High / Low: The highest and lowest trade price for the current trading session.
- Open: The opening price for the current trading session is plotted on the day's High/Low histogram.
- Previous Close: The closing price from the previous trading session.
- Bid: The last bid price and bid size.
- Ask: The last ask price and ask size.
- Volume: The total number of shares or contracts traded in the current trading session.
- Average Volume: The average number of shares traded over the last 20 days.
- Weighted Alpha: A measure of how much a stock or commodity has risen or fallen over a one-year period.
A thumbnail of a daily chart is provided, with a link to open and customize a full-sized chart.
This section shows the Highs and Lows over the past 1, 3 and 12-Month periods. Click the "See More" link to see the full Performance Report page with expanded historical information.
More Futures Quotes
This section displays additional open contracts for the futures symbol you are viewing.
A seasonal chart is designed to help you visualize how futures contracts have performed during a calendar year. They help show patterns and price trends for commodities whose prices often change with the seasons.
The widget shows the Last Price of the commodity you are viewing, compared to the average last price of the same commodity for the past 18 months.
Find exchange traded funds (ETFs) whose sector aligns with the same commodity grouping as the symbol you are viewing. Analysis of these related ETFs and how they are trading may provide insight to this commodity.
Commitment of Traders Positions
This widget shows the latest week's Commitment of Traders open interest. The COT data, as reported by the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), is from Tuesday, and is released Friday by the CFTC. Reporting firms send Tuesday open interest data on Wednesday morning. The CFTC then corrects and verifies the data for release by Friday afternoon. The Barchart site's data is then updated, after the official CFTC release.
You will see the Long and Short positions from the Legacy Commitments of Traders report, plus either the Long and Short positions from the Disaggregated Report or the Financial TFF Report.
A link to view a chart with both COT studies applied is also available.
For comparison purposes, find information on other symbols contained in the same sector.
Barchart Commodities Insider Commentary
Barchart Commodities Insider is Ag market commentary for Grains and Oilseeds, Energy, Gold, Silver, Cocoa, Coffee, and Sugar markets.
Most Recent Stories
View the latest top stories from the Associated Press or Canadian Press (based on your Market selection).