Ranks ETFs by a combination of their overall Opinion, signal strength and signal direction to come up with a list of the top and bottom ETFs by Opinion.
Each analytic used within the signals is rated by signal strength and direction. The strengths are allocated 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 points; the directions are allocated 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 points. This gives a maximum of 55 points per signal. The totals are added up depending on buy, sell and hold rating and ranked 1 to 100 for the top 100 bullish ETFs and the top 100 bearish ETFs.
Available only for the U.S. and Canadian markets, signal strength and signal direction are independent of the signals rating.
To be included in the Signals Strength or Direction page, an ETF must have traded today, with a current price between $2 and $10,000 and with today's volume greater than 10,000. An ETF must have an opinion and a last month's opinion.
There are two time-frames to choose from using the selection found in the data table toolbar:
- Current - The list of ETFs to display on the Current page is updated every 10 minutes throughout the trading day. You will see new price data appear on the page, as indicated by a yellow "flash". However, ETFs are not automatically re-ranked on the page until the site performs its 10-minute update.
- Daily - The list of ETFs to display on these pages is updated once a day, at approx. 8pm EST.
Barchart Opinions show traders what a variety of popular trading systems are suggesting in terms of going long or short the market. The Opinions takes up to 2 years worth of historical data and runs these prices through thirteen different technical indicators. After each calculation the program assigns a buy, sell or hold value for each study, depending on where the price lies in reference to the common interpretation of the study. For example if the price is above the moving average of the ETF then this is generally considered an upward trend or a buy.
Note: A security needs to have at least 101 active trading days in order to generate an Opinion reading.
Barchart Data Table
Data tables on Barchart follow a familiar format to view and access extensive information for the symbols in the table.
Pages are initially sorted in a specific order (depending on the data presented). You can re-sort the page by clicking on any of the column headings in the table.
Most data tables can be analyzed using "Views." A View simply presents the symbols on the page with a different set of columns. Site members can also display the page using Custom Views. (Simply create a free account, log in. then create and save Custom Views to be used on any data table.)
Each View has a "Links" column on the far right to access a symbol's Quote Overview, Chart, Options Quotes (when available), Barchart Opinion, and Technical Analysis page. Standard Views found throughout the site include:
- Main View: Symbol, Name, Last Price, Change, Percent Change, High, Low, Volume, and Time of Last Trade.
- Technical View: Symbol, Name, Last Price, Today's Opinion, 20-Day Relative Strength, 20-Day Historic Volatility, 20-Day Average Volume, 52-Week High and 52-Week Low.
- Performance View: Symbol, Name, Last Price, Weighted Alpha, YTD Percent Change, 1-Month, 3-Month and 1-Year Percent Change.
- Fundamental View: Available only on equity pages, shows Symbol, Name, Weighted Alpha, Market Cap, P/E Ratio. Earnings Per Share, Beta, Return on Equity, and Price/Sales
Data Table Expand
Unique to Barchart.com, data tables contain an "expand" option. Click the "+" icon in the first column (on the left) to "expand" the table for the selected symbol. Scroll through widgets of the different content available for the symbol. Click on any of the widgets to go to the full page.
Also unique to Barchart, FlipCharts allow you to scroll through all the symbols on the table in a chart view. While viewing FlipCharts, you can apply a custom Chart Template, further customizing the way you can analyze the symbols. FlipCharts are a free tool available to Site Members.
Download is a free tool available to Site Members. This tool will download a .csv file for the View being displayed. For dynamically-generated tables (such as a Stock or ETF Screener) where you see more than 1000 rows of data, the download will be limited to only the first 1000 records on the table. For other static pages (such as the Russell 3000 Components list) all rows will be downloaded.
Free members are limited to 10 downloads per day, while Barchart Premier members may download up to 50 .csv files per day.
Should you require more than 50 downloads per day, please contact Barchart Sales at 866-333-7587 or email email@example.com for more information or additional options about historical market data.