Barchart.com provides forex quotes for the seven major rates: Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Swiss Franc, British Pound, Euro, US Dollar, and Japanese Yen.
During active trading, you will see new price information on the page, as indicated by a "flash" on the fields with new data. Forex prices are delayed 10 minutes, per exchange rules, and trade times are listed in CST.
Individual pages for the major rates show a Heat Map at the top (prices quoted against the US Dollar) with the latest prices shown below. Each cross-rate page presents prices in three standard Views. My Barchart members also have the option to display the data using any Custom View you've created, and the data can be downloaded to Excel. Each view contains links to the Detailed Quote, Chart, Opinions, and Cheat Sheet for every forex symbol listed.
- The Main View displays the Symbol, Name, Last Price, Change, Percent Change, High, Low, and Time of last trade (CST).
- The Technical View displays the Symbol, Name, Last Price, Today's Opinion, 20-Day Relative Strength, 20-Day Historical Volatility, 52 Week High and Low.
- The Performance View displays the Symbol, Name, Last Price, YTD Percent Change, 1-Month, 3-Month and 1-Year Percent Change.
Note: Trading hours for a Forex trading day are 16:00 - 15:59 Central Standard Time (CST).
Market Heat Map
The Market Heat Map provide a quick visual view of the markets and how they are performing on the day, as well as how they are performing versus other major currencies.
For pages showing Intraday views, we use the current session's data, with new price data appear on the page as indicated by a "flash". Stocks: 15 minute delay (Bats data for U.S. equities is real-time), ET. Volume reflects consolidated markets. Futures and Forex: 10 or 15 minute delay, CT.
The list of symbols included on the page is updated every 10 minutes throughout the trading day. However, new stocks are not automatically added to or re-ranked on the page until the site performs its 10-minute update.
Pages are initially sorted in a specific order (depending on the data presented). You can re-sort the page by clicking on any of the column headings in the table.
Most data tables can be analyzed using "Views." A View simply presents the symbols on the page with a different set of columns. Site members can also display the page using Custom Views. (Simply create a free account, log in, then create and save Custom Views to be used on any data table.)
Each View has a "Links" column on the far right to access a symbol's Quote Overview, Chart, Options Quotes (when available), Barchart Opinion, and Technical Analysis page. Standard Views found throughout the site include:
- Main View: Symbol, Name, Last Price, Change, Percent Change, High, Low, Volume, and Time of Last Trade.
- Technical View: Symbol, Name, Last Price, Today's Opinion, 20-Day Relative Strength, 20-Day Historic Volatility, 20-Day Average Volume, 52-Week High and 52-Week Low.
- Performance View: Symbol, Name, Last Price, Weighted Alpha, YTD Percent Change, 1-Month, 3-Month and 1-Year Percent Change.
- Fundamental View: Available only on equity pages, shows Symbol, Name, Weighted Alpha, Market Cap, P/E Ratio. Earnings Per Share, Beta, Return on Equity, and Price/Sales
Data Table Expand
Unique to Barchart.com, data tables contain an "expand" option. Click the "+" icon in the first column (on the left) to "expand" the table for the selected symbol. Scroll through widgets of the different content available for the symbol. Click on any of the widgets to go to the full page.
Horizontal Scroll on Wide Tables
Especially when using a custom view, you may find that the number of columns chosen exceeds the available space to show all the data. In this case, the table must be horizontally scrolled (left to right) to view all of the information. To do this, you can either scroll to the bottom of the table and use the table's scrollbar, or you can scroll the table using your browser's built-in scroll:
- Left-click with your mouse anywhere on the table.
- Use your keyboard's left and right arrows to scroll the table.
- Repeat this anywhere as you move through the table to enable horizontal scrolling.
Also unique to Barchart, FlipCharts allow you to scroll through all the symbols on the table in a chart view. While viewing FlipCharts, you can apply a custom Chart Template, further customizing the way you can analyze the symbols. FlipCharts are a free tool available to Site Members.
Download is a free tool available to Site Members. This tool will download a .csv file for the View being displayed. For dynamically-generated tables (such as a Stock or ETF Screener) where you see more than 1000 rows of data, the download will be limited to only the first 1000 records on the table. For other static pages (such as the Russell 3000 Components list) all rows will be downloaded.
Free members are limited to 10 downloads per day, while Barchart Premier Members may download up to 100 .csv files per day.
Should you require more than 50 downloads per day, please contact Barchart Sales at 866-333-7587 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or additional options about historical market data.