The Major ETFs page allows you to view worldwide ETFs to follow, hand-picked by the Barchart.com ETF Research Analysts. Analyze each ETF in the broad global sectors and gain a quick look at how these ETFs are performing against one another. Groupings include Global, U.S. Industries, Specialty Industries, Commodity Producers, Fixed Income, Commodities, and Currencies.
New data is continuously fed into the page, as indicated by a "flash" on the data that's changed.
Our independent ETF analysts have no biases or conflicts. Our intent is simply to provide investors with the best independent investment advice available on choosing ETFs.
Barchart Data Table
Data tables on Barchart follow a familiar format to view and access extensive information for the symbols in the table.
Pages are initially sorted in a specific order (depending on the data presented). You can re-sort the page by clicking on any of the column headings in the table.
Most data tables contain multiple standard "Views", and each View contains "Links" to each symbol's Quote Overview, Chart, Barchart Opinion, and Technical Analysis page. A View simply presents the same symbols with different columns. Site members can also display the data using any Custom View. (Simply create a free account, log in. then create and save Custom Views to be used on any data table.) Standard Views found throughout the site include:
- Main View: Symbol, Name, Last Price, Change, Percent Change, High, Low, Volume, and Time of Last Trade.
- Technical View: Symbol, Name, Last Price, Today's Opinion, 20-Day Relative Strength, 20-Day Historic Volatility, 20-Day Average Volume, 52-Week High and 52-Week Low.
- Performance View: Symbol, Name, Last Price, Weighted Alpha, YTD Percent Change, 1-Month, 3-Month and 1-Year Percent Change.
- Fundamental View: Available only on equity pages, shows Symbol, Name, Weighted Alpha, Market Cap, P/E Ratio. Earnings Per Share, Beta, Return on Equity, and Price/Sales
Data Table Expand
Unique to Barchart.com, data tables contain an "expand" option. Click the "+" icon in the first column (on the left) to "expand" the table for the selected symbol. Scroll through widgets of the different content available for the symbol. Click on any of the widgets to go to the full page.
Horzontal Scroll on Wide Tables
Especially when using a custom view, you may find that the number of columns chosen exceeds the available space to show all the data. In this case, the table must be horizontally scrolled (left to right) to view all of the information. To do this, you can either scroll to the bottom of the table and use the table's scrollbar, or you can scroll the table using your browser's built-in scroll:
- Left-click with your mouse anywhere on the table.
- Use your keyboard's left and right arrows to scroll the table.
- Repeat this anywhere as you move through the table to enable horizontal scrolling.
Also unique to Barchart, this feature allows you to scroll through all the symbols on the table in a chart view. FlipCharts are a free tool available to Site Members.
This tool will download a .csv file (compatible with many spreadsheet programs) for the View being displayed. Download is also a free tool available to Site Members.