Cotton #2 Dec '21 (CTZ21)
Cotton #2 Futures Market News and Commentary
At the close for the last trade day of the week, front month cotton prices were 25 points to 138 points back in the black. New crop prices were stronger gainers, taking back the premium to old crop. A surging US dollar index was a headwind for the third day in a row.
USDA’s 6/18 DSQ report said 181 bales were sold at spot. The weekly Cotton Market Review reported the total sales for the week through 6/17 were 10,122 bales for an average price of 81.29 cents/lb. The Cotlook A index for June 17 was back down by 75 points to 94.85 cents/lb. The AWP for cotton was raised by 1.8 cents to 74.16 cents/lb.
Jul 21 Cotton closed at 84.42, up 25 points,
Dec 21 Cotton closed at 85.18, up 112 points,
Mar 22 Cotton closed at 85.06, up 112 points
- What Are Teleconnections in Forecasting Weather for Commodities? (VIDEO by Doctor Weather) - June 20, 2021
Jim Roemer Shares His CLIMATE PREDICT Analytic Forecast Tool With Barchart Readers
- Soybeans - Bean Oil - Soybean Meal - Corn - Warning of Futures Blood Bath This Coming Week
Falling swords do more damage than knives.
- Cotton Markets Recovered on Friday
At the close for the last trade day of the week, front month cotton prices were 25 points to 138 points back in the black. New crop prices were stronger...
- Cocoa Prices Settle Mostly Lower on the Outlook for a Bumper Cocoa Crop in Ghana
September ICE NY cocoa (CCU21 ) on Friday closed down -9 (-0.38%), and September ICE London cocoa #7 (CAU21 ) closed unchanged. Cocoa prices on Friday...
- NY Sugar Closes at a 1-3/4 Month Low on Increased Sugar Production in India
July NY world sugar #11 (SBN21 ) on Friday closed down -0.12 (-0.73%), and Aug London white sugar #5 (SWQ21 ) closed down -1.60 (-0.38%). Sugar prices...
- Arabica Coffee Recovers From a 1-Month Low and Closes Higher on Pre-Weekend Short-Covering
July arabica coffee (KCN21 ) on Friday closed up +0.35 (+0.23%), and July ICE Robusta coffee (RMN21 ) closed up +15 (+0.96%). Coffee prices on Friday extended...