The Profile page gives you general information about a symbol, whether it's about the company or the contract. Barchart shows different data on the Profile page, depending on the symbol's asset type.
A stock Profile page contains general information about the stock, such as Ticker Symbol, Exchange traded on, Company Contact Address/Phone, CEO/President, and Company Description. It also includes links to the Industry, Sector, and Index in which the stock belongs: the SIC or the Standard Industrial Classification code, industry groups, and major-market indices including the three Dow Jones indices and their composite, the Nasdaq 100, and the S&P 500, 100 and 400. For stocks, all fundamental information is provided by Zachs Investment Research.
The 1-3- and 5-Year Returns are adjusted for dividends and splits.
Example: AAPL traded on 06/04/2012 at 72.81. On 06/04/2017, AAPL was trading at 155.45 and the 5-Year Return was reported as 113.50%.
1.1350 * 72.81 = 82.64 + 72.81 = 155.45 which is the current price.
An ETF Profile page also shows general information about the fund, but also adds information such as a link to the Fund Family. the Underlying Index. Inception Date, First Trade Date, and Leverage.
Investment Information Table
The YTD, 1-3- and 5-Year Returns are adjusted for dividends and splits.
A Profile for a commodities contract contains the Contract Specifications. Specifications include:
- Symbol - the root symbol for the commodity.
- Name - the commodity description
- Exchange - the exchange on which the commodity is traded.
- Months - A specific month in which delivery may take place under the terms of a futures contract. Commodity exchanges typically refer to months using one letter:
- January = F
- February = G
- March = H
- April = J
- May = K
- June = M
- July = N
- August = Q
- September = U
- October = V
- November = X
- December = Z
- Size - (sometimes referred to as Trading Unit) refers to the unit of measure in which the contract is traded. Common abbreviations you'll see include:
- bu = bushel
- lbs = pounds
- cwt = hundred weight
- bbl = barrel
- gal = gallon
- mm btu = million British thermal units
- bd = board foot
- oz = ounce
- M = million
- ct = cents
- pt = point
- Tick Size - the smallest allowable increment of price movement for a contract.
- Daily Limit - the maximum gain or loss that the commodity is permitted to reach for a given trading session.
- Trading Hours - the days and hours in which the commodity is traded.
- Last Trading Day - the day in which trading terminates for this commodity for each Trading Month.
- Value of one futures unit - a measure of one basis point change in the futures price.
- Value of one options unit - a measure of one basis point change in the options price.
- CRB Yearbook Description - for commodities, the previous year's CRB Yearbook article will appear. Information includes a description/outlook for the commodity, prices, supply, demand, and trade statistics.