The Quote Overview page gives you a snapshot view for a specific SIC code. Note: The "last price" represents the average 3-month weighted alpha of all stocks contained in the sector, and the change/change percent is the change in weighted alpha.
Quoteboard delayed data fields include:
- Day High / Low: The highest and lowest 3-month weighted alpha for the current trading session.
- Open: The opening 3-month weighted alpha for the current trading session is plotted on the day's High/Low histogram.
- Previous Close: The closing 3-month weighted alpha from the previous trading session.
- Weighted Alpha: A measure of how much a stock or commodity has risen or fallen over a one-year period. Barchart takes this Alpha and weights this, assigning more weight to recent activity, and less (0.5 factor) to activity at the beginning of the period. Thus, Weighted Alpha is a measure of one-year growth with an emphasis on the most recent price activity.
- YTD High, Low, Change, %Change: The year-to-date high and low weighted alpha, with year-to-date change and percent change.
A thumbnail of a daily chart is provided, with a link to open and customize a full-sized chart.
This section shows the Highs and Lows over the past 1, 3 and 12-Month periods. Click the "See More" link to see the full Performance Report page with expanded historical information.