Wed Nov 11, 2020
cmdtyView Named Best Buy-Side Commodities Trading Platform
We are excited to announce that our flagship commodity trading platform, cmdtyView has been named the Best Buy-Side Commodities Trading Platform by WatersTechnology! The Buy-Side Technology Awards recognize market-leading platforms and technologies that help buy-side firms manage their workflows more efficiently and effectively.
We designed cmdtyView in order to improve and support every workflow of our users, and over the past year we have made many client-driven enhancements to simplify and streamline our user experience. In addition, we have completed many integrations with third-party back-office systems to further streamline the workflow for our users. And, our continued development of visualization and analysis tools to help users make use of our physical commodity data catalog, partner data through the cmdty Pricing Network (CPN), and all of our proprietary forecasts and indexes has set the stage for us to scale cmdtyView even further.
New features released in 2020 include:
- A suite of geospatial tools providing users with powerful mapping technology to visually analyze any agricultural, energy, or advanced weather dataset in Barchart’s data ecosystem
- Proprietary commodity indexes for basis forecasts, as well as crop production and yield for North America, bringing more transparency to commodity markets
- Integration of physical commodity trading functionality along with connectivity to third- party back-office systems including risk management and accounting platforms
- The release of Marketplace, a mobile app solution that connects commodity producers directly into merchandiser workflows by connecting communication and physical commodity trading into cmdtyView
- cmdtyView Excel, a powerful solution for streaming market data in Excel alongside physical commodity prices and global fundamental data
- New interactive and high-performance charting that can accommodate a wide range of use cases from the most basic to the most advanced, including forward curve and spread analysis
- Integration of data from leading contributors in agriculture and energy through the cmdty Pricing Network (CPN)
- Integration of BulkLoads Transportation Management System, allowing commodity buyers to arrange and schedule logistics
Looking ahead to 2021, product development is focused on:
- Tools for the visualization and analysis of fundamental commodity data
- Increased exposure of our Instant Messaging / Chat network
- Further support for our growing ecosystem of CPN partner data
- Industry specific analytical tools including geospatial “Best Bid” calculators and supply and demand analysis
- Historical bids and offers including the ability to chart bands and midpoints
- Incorporation of benchmark price reporting agency data for agriculture and biofuels, metals, and the energy complex sectors of crude, natural gas and refined products
- Proprietary scripting language named cmdtyScript used for designing and building custom chart indicators
- Advanced options analytics including user defined skews and volatility term structures
- Mobile trading enhancements including support for multiple order ladders and trading accounts
Delivered entirely from a native HTML5 application that is powerful, responsive and mobile, and is designed to be a true end-to-end workflow solution for commodity trading - cmdtyView stands alone as the only commodity trading solution that provides global market coverage of both futures and physical commodity pricing, proprietary indexes and forecasts, and deep fundamental data, while allowing users to transact physical commodities, schedule logistics and transportation, and execute exchange-cleared trades. Sign up for a free trial of cmdtyView here or contact us at email@example.com to get started.