Jul 6 2021
cmdty Crop Production and Yield Forecasts Predict US and Canadian Yield and Production at...
cmdty’s Yield and Production forecasts are used by Ag Lenders, Commodity Traders, and Grain Marketers to make better lending, pricing, and hedging decisions every day. We’re excited to announce we’ve raised our July 2021 Yield and Production forecasts for U.S. corn and soybeans, and released our initial Yield and Production forecasts for Canadian spring wheat and soybeans. Released for free to the public on the first Tuesday of each month during the growing season, and available to clients through daily updates, our Crop Production and Yield Forecasts allow users to make crop marketing decisions ahead of traditional government reports and understand the complete supply-side picture of North American grain.
Check out our increased U.S. Production Forecast and Initial Canadian Outlook:
- U.S. Corn Production - Forecast at 14.6B bu with a yield of 176.5 bu/ac. This compares to the USDA’s 15.0B bu of production and 179.5 bu/ac yield.
- U.S. Soybean Production - Forecast at 4.3B bu with a yield of 50.0 bu/ac. This compares to the USDA’s 4.4B bu of production and 50.8 bu/ac yield.
- Canadian Spring Wheat Production - Forecast at 881.0M bu with a yield of 55.1 bu/ac. This compares to the AAFC’s 920.8M bu of production and 53.5 bu/ac yield (includes spring wheat and winter wheat, excludes durum wheat).
- Canadian Soybean Production - Forecast at 228.1M bu with a yield of 43.0 bu/ac. This compares to the AAFC’s 228.9M bu of production and 42.8 bu/ac yield.
Users can access our Crop Production and Yield Forecasts through the following channels:
- 1. Subscribers to cmdtyView Pro have access to daily forecast updates on their desktop or streamed into Excel with the included cmdtyView Excel Add-in.
2. Free semi-monthly crop production and yield estimates for the US are available through our U.S. Crop Production Report. Canadian Estimates are available through our Canadian Crop Production Report.
3. Enterprise data subscribers can access daily updates as they are published to power their apps or enterprise solutions.
Crop production forecasts from Barchart help users stay ahead of the curve throughout the 2021 growing season. We will continue to increase access to our crop production and yield forecasts and look forward to expanding into additional markets, including South America, later this year! Sign up to receive product updates here so you can stay in the loop!