Tue Mar 10, 2020
Barchart Releases Marketplace to Connect Grain Elevators with Farmers
CHICAGO, IL - March 10th, 2020 - Barchart, a leading provider of commodity data and agribusiness solutions, announces the release of Marketplace, a solution that connects grain buyers with their producers in ways that were not previously possible. Part of the cmdty by Barchart product line, elevator-branded Marketplace mobile apps create a private community between grain buyers and producers that is linked through an immersive chat experience and physical grain trading capabilities.
“Both our grain elevator partners and producer network have consistently asked us for easier ways to communicate and negotiate with each other over their mobile devices,” says Keith Petersen, Head of Strategy at Barchart. “Marketplace is designed to do exactly that by taking our deep relationships with 2,200+ grain elevators and providing them with branded apps they can provide to their users with no cost to the producer.”
More than just information on local grain prices and futures, Marketplace apps connect farmers directly into merchandiser workflows by tying their app to the cmdtyView Pro grain trading platform which is already on merchandiser desktops.
“By allowing our grain merchandisers to chat with their farmers and make offers directly through the software they use everyday, we are tying together the entire grain merchandiser workflow in one place,” added Petersen.
Here’s how it works.
- Grain elevators provide their producers with free access to a Marketplace app which ties into workflows across desktop and mobile
- Fully branded to the elevator, a custom Marketplace app keeps their brand in front of producers
- Merchandisers can stay in touch with their farmers through chat and negotiate in real time with built-in grain offer management
- Farmers can easily submit offers to sell their grain via the app and receive instant updates from elevators when offers are accepted
- Because Marketplace is seamlessly integrated with cmdtyView Pro it simplifies workflows for grain buyers
- Elevators can deliver push notifications directly to the app, pulling users into a branded experience.
As the leading provider of data and workflow solutions to the agribusiness community, Barchart is committed to providing tools that make grain buying and selling easier than ever before. With grain bid management solutions, branded Marketplace apps, and a best-in-class commodity analytics platform - cmdtyView Pro - the cmdty by Barchart product line provides grain elevators with the most comprehensive suite of agribusiness solutions to grow their business.
Learn more about cmdty and Marketplace in May at our Grain Summit 2020 in Chicago.
Barchart is a leading provider of market data and services to the global financial, media, and commodity industries. Our diversified client base trusts Barchart’s innovative Solutions across data, software, and technology to power their operation from front to back office, while our Media brands enable financial and commodity professionals to make decisions through web content, news, and publications. For more information, please visit www.barchart.com/solutions.
Head of Marketing