Jan 5 2022
Access South American Crop Production and Yield Forecasts
Our Yield Forecast Indexes for Corn and Soybeans have helped crop marketers in the U.S. and Canada get ahead of the curve and make better decisions, which is why we are thrilled to announce we’ve expanded our offering with the launch of crop production and yield forecasts for South American corn and soybeans.
Check out our End of Season Production Forecast for Argentina and Brazil:
- End of season Argentina corn production is forecast at 54M kg with a yield of 7,707 kg/Hectare. This compares to the USDA FAS’ 54M kg of production and 7,271 kg/Hectare yield.
- End of season Argentina soybean production is forecast at 45M kg with a yield of 2,556 kg/Hectare. This compares to the USDA FAS’ 49M kg of production and 2,738 kg/Hectare yield.
- End of season Brazil corn production is forecast at 117M kg with a yield of 5,595 kg/Hectare. This compares to CONAB’s 117M kg of production and 5,596 kg/Hectare yield.
- End of season Brazil soybean production is forecast at 137M kg with a yield of 3,406 kg/Hectare. This compares to CONAB’s 143M kg of production and 3,538 kg/Hectare yield.
Forecasts are produced daily throughout the growing season and are available to cmdtyView Pro subscribers at no additional charge. Semi-monthly estimates will be made available to the public through our free South American Crop Production Report.
Subscribers of this report will be able to identify areas of opportunity before traditional government reports are released.
Users can also subscribe over API, alongside other South American commodity data which is available from Barchart, including:
- FOB and CIF Grain Prices
- Food Prices from CESEA, CEPEA, MCDBA, and MPTT
- Grain Supply and Demand data from BAGE, CONAB, IBGE, and MAGYP
- Exchange data from BM&F Bovespa, MATBA, and ROFEX
Confidently make better lending, pricing, and hedging decisions with access to South American Crop Production estimates. To sign up for free semi-monthly South American Crop Production estimates, please click here. To learn more about Barchart’s Crop Production Forecasts or to receive API access, please visit our website.