Barchart Cuts Crop Production Forecasts and Yield for U.S. and Canada
- U.S. Corn Production - Forecast at 15.3B bu with a yield of 182.3 bu/ac. This compares to the USDA’s 15.0B bu of production and 176.3 bu/ac yield.
- U.S. Soybean Production - Forecast at 4.4B bu with a yield of 51.3 bu/ac. This compares to the USDA’s 4.4B bu of production and 50.6 bu/ac yield.
- U.S. Hard Red Winter Wheat Production - Forecast at 45.5 bu/ac. This compares to the USDA’s yield forecast of 50.2 bu/ac (includes all winter wheat varieties).
- Canadian Spring Wheat Production - Forecast at 746.5M bu with a yield of 46.3 bu/ac. This compares to the AAFC’s 668.0M bu of production and 38.7 bu/ac yield (includes spring wheat and winter wheat, excludes durum wheat).
- Canadian Soybean Production - Forecast at 223.1M bu with a yield of 42.2 bu/ac. This compares to the AAFC’s 216.4M bu of production and 40.9 bu/ac yield.
CHICAGO, IL - October 5, 2021 - Barchart, a leading provider of data services, software and technology to global commodity buyers, agriculture, and the food supply chain, has released their October 2021 Yield and Production forecasts for U.S. and Canadian field crops. This latest report indicates a decrease in U.S. crop production for both corn, soybeans and hard red winter wheat, as well as a decrease in Canadian production forecasts for spring wheat and soybeans.
“As we near the end of the 2021 growing season, our forecasts have adjusted to show a decrease in yield for U.S. corn (182.3 bu/ac vs. 183.4 in September) and soybeans (51.3 bu/ac vs. 51.6 bu/ac in September),” said Barchart CEO Mark Haraburda. “We are also seeing a decrease in yield for Canadian Spring Wheat (46.3 bu/ac vs. 47.8 bu/ac in September), while there has been a slight increase in yield for Canadian Soybeans (42.2 bu/ac vs. 42.1 bu/ac in September).”
Released for free to the public on the first Tuesday of each month during the growing season, Barchart’s Crop Production and Yield Forecasts equips users with important insights to help their crop marketing and business decisions ahead of traditional government reports from the USDA and Statistics Canada. Barchart clients can access daily updates in cmdtyView or through an API subscription.
Users of cmdtyView Pro, the leading commodity trading platform, have daily access to the forecasts as well as additional information to evaluate possible changes in localized basis conditions. To sign up for a free 30-day trial to cmdtyView Pro, please click here.
To learn more about Barchart’s Crop Production Forecasts or to receive API access, please visit our website.
Barchart is a leading provider of market data and services to the global financial, media, and commodity industries. Our diversified client base trusts Barchart’s innovative Solutions across data, software, and technology to power their operation from front to back office, while our Media brands enable financial and commodity professionals to make decisions through web content, news, and publications. For more information, please visit www.barchart.com/solutions.