Oct 24 2022
Accessing Point-In-Time Historical Data from Barchart
Analyzing stock market data is essential in making trading decisions, especially point-in-time historical market data. This type of market data answers two questions: when was the information known? And what information was known at the time? This information can play a crucial role when analyzing historical market data in many scenarios, including:
- Risk Management: Assess risk more effectively than ever before. Quickly pull all of the tick data you need all the way down to bid/ask using one simplified query request.
- Data Management: Manage all of your data together easier than ever before. Easily load Barchart’s historical data archive into your own firm’s database.
- Compliance: Quickly access the historical data you need to stay up to speed on ever-changing regulatory requirements.
- Trading Strategies: You can use Barchart’s deep historical database to develop trading strategies, test new algorithms, and identify opportunities.
- Backtesting: Simply determine the amount of opportunity your trading strategies may bring using Barchart’s historical tick data.
Now that you’re aware of why and how you should use point-in-time data, you may be wondering how you can access it. Well, you’re in luck. Look no further than Barchart’s Market Replay, our high-powered point-in-time historical database delivered via API.
Market Replay offers a cost-saving approach to accessing a historical data archive for non-streaming content. You can get real-time, delayed, or previous trading day data delivered via API. Our comprehensive market data coverage includes Last Sale, Level 1 (NBBO, Best Bid / Best Offer), N-minute bars, Daily Data, and Corporate Actions.