Barchart Expands its Market Data and Information Business with New Content
CHICAGO, IL – January 10, 2012 – Barchart.com, Inc., a leading provider of market data and information, today announced the availability of a series of new market data and information content, including new exchange data feeds, fundamental data sources and news providers. The new information sets have been acquired and integrated by Barchart to support its expansion into both equity and international markets. Barchart will offer the new information through its data feeds, hosted website content solutions and desktop market data and trading applications.
“Our institutional business continues to expand into both equity and international markets with most of the growth coming from our data feed and website content solutions,” said Barchart Managing Director Mark Haraburda. “As we serve more clients across multiple markets and regions our inventory of content will continue to grow,” added Haraburda.
New and expanded content includes:
- New exchange market data feeds: Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX and TSX-V), Montreal Exchange (MX), US equity options (OPRA), London Metals Exchange (LME), Eurex, Euronext LIFFE, Australia Stock Exchange (ASX) and BM&F Bovespa.
- Expanded mutual fund data sets: US and Canadian mutual fund profiles, strategy descriptions, top holdings and asset allocation details.
- Expanded equity fundamental data: US and Canadian public company detailed profiles, financial statements and ratios, earnings estimates and analyst recommendations.
- New economic data: US, Canadian and European macroeconomic data such as gross domestic product, economy growth rates, inflation rates and housing market indicators.
- New interest rate data: US, Canadian and European interest rate data such as treasury, corporate and mortgage rates.
- Additional news sources: consolidated public company press release feeds, Canadian Press, Comtex Wall Street Wire and Comtex SEC Filings Wire.
For more information, please visit the Barchart Market Data Solutions website at www.barchartmarketdata.com.
With a heritage dating back to 1934, Barchart.com, Inc. has substantial experience in meeting the information needs of the financial, media, agriculture and energy industries. As a full-service provider of equity, index, mutual fund, futures and foreign exchange market data, Barchart provides a wide range of market data products and solutions for customers ranging from institutional to retail. As an established leader in an industry that demands accuracy and innovation, Barchart’s goal is to form partnerships that deliver comprehensive solutions for success. For more information, please visit www.barchartinc.com.
OTHER RECENT NEWS
Barchart Releases WebSockets APIs for Streaming Market Data Direct to Internet Browsers and Mobile Apps
Barchart OnDemand Wins Best Data Provider at the 2016 HFM US Technology Awards
Grains.com, an Online Marketplace for Farmers and Grain Buyers,
Releases Brand New Features for its Users at No Cost
FinTech Exchange Conference Set for April 21, 2016 in Chicago
Quandl Releases Access to Barchart Market Data
DataStreamX and Barchart Partner for Redistribution of Historical and End-of-Day Market Data
Barchart Releases Version 3.0 of the Barchart.com App—Expanding Access to Stocks, ETFs, Options, Forex, Futures and Commodities
Barchart Joins FinTech Sandbox as a Market Data Provider
AgriCharts Launches Grains.com, a Marketplace for Farmers and Grain Buyers
Free Market Data APIs Introduced by Barchart OnDemand
Investment Research Platform, Vetr, Provides Simplified Crowdsourced Star-Ratings for the Stock Market with Barchart OnDemand APIs
AgriCharts Launches Online Platform for Physical Grain Trading
AgMobile App brings Local Grain Bids to Farmers
New Chicago Event to Highlight Innovation in Financial Markets and Trading
AgriCharts Launches OnDemand API Service for Commodity Market Data and Information
Barchart Announces Connectivity to Eris Exchange for Swap Futures
Free New Mobile App from Successful Farming and AgriCharts
View Press Release Archive