Barchart Expands its Market Data and Information Business with New Content
CHICAGO, IL – January 10, 2012 – Barchart.com, Inc., a leading provider of market data and information, today announced the availability of a series of new market data and information content, including new exchange data feeds, fundamental data sources and news providers. The new information sets have been acquired and integrated by Barchart to support its expansion into both equity and international markets. Barchart will offer the new information through its data feeds, hosted website content solutions and desktop market data and trading applications.
“Our institutional business continues to expand into both equity and international markets with most of the growth coming from our data feed and website content solutions,” said Barchart Managing Director Mark Haraburda. “As we serve more clients across multiple markets and regions our inventory of content will continue to grow,” added Haraburda.
New and expanded content includes:
- New exchange market data feeds: Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX and TSX-V), Montreal Exchange (MX), US equity options (OPRA), London Metals Exchange (LME), Eurex, Euronext LIFFE, Australia Stock Exchange (ASX) and BM&F Bovespa.
- Expanded mutual fund data sets: US and Canadian mutual fund profiles, strategy descriptions, top holdings and asset allocation details.
- Expanded equity fundamental data: US and Canadian public company detailed profiles, financial statements and ratios, earnings estimates and analyst recommendations.
- New economic data: US, Canadian and European macroeconomic data such as gross domestic product, economy growth rates, inflation rates and housing market indicators.
- New interest rate data: US, Canadian and European interest rate data such as treasury, corporate and mortgage rates.
- Additional news sources: consolidated public company press release feeds, Canadian Press, Comtex Wall Street Wire and Comtex SEC Filings Wire.
For more information, please visit the Barchart Market Data Solutions website at www.barchartmarketdata.com.
With a heritage dating back to 1934, Barchart.com, Inc. has substantial experience in meeting the information needs of the financial, media, agriculture and energy industries. As a full-service provider of equity, index, mutual fund, futures and foreign exchange market data, Barchart provides a wide range of market data products and solutions for customers ranging from institutional to retail. As an established leader in an industry that demands accuracy and innovation, Barchart’s goal is to form partnerships that deliver comprehensive solutions for success. For more information, please visit www.barchartinc.com.