Barchart Trader Platform Adds Options Analysis and Strategy Builder
CHICAGO, IL – September 16, 2014 – Barchart.com, Inc., a leading provider of market data and information, today announced the release of advanced options analysis and an options strategy builder within Barchart Trader. Barchart Trader is a desktop, tablet and mobile market data, trading and analysis platform for commodity, equity and foreign exchange traders and market participants. The new options analysis and strategy module brings powerful visualization tools to the Barchart Platform for analyzing options positions and strategies. With the module, you can adjust market variables, calculate real-time Greeks and theoretical prices, and visualize your potential payoff for both simple and complex options trading strategies. The options module is also included in the free version of Barchart Trader which provides delayed streaming and historical market data.
Features of the Barchart Trader options module include:
- Advanced options price calculator with user-defined inputs and multiple pricing models for calculating Greeks and theoretical values
- Multi-leg strategy payoff analysis using charts and data tables
- Customized multi-leg option strategy construction and analysis
- Black-Scholes-Merton and Cox-Ross-Rubinstein pricing models
“With the introduction of our advanced options tools in Barchart Trader we have opened up a new avenue of potential clients," said Barchart President Eero Pikat. “Since its introduction one year ago, we have added many new features to Barchart Trader, including enhancements to our futures execution features, the launch of a mobile and tablet app, and now our advanced options modules. In Q4 we will be releasing another upgrade and have exciting new features planned for 2015," added Pikat.
With futures trading integration, Barchart Trader supports trading accounts for over 50 different brokerages and FCMs. Other key features include:
- Full real-time market coverage of all major commodities and equities exchanges, as well as indices, forex and mutual funds
- Pre-configured workspace templates and workspace sharing
- Multiple platform themes/color schemes to choose from
- Advanced charting and drawing tools with over 60 technical studies, and support for custom equations
- Flexible workspace management tools that allow for full customization of trading views
- Trading directly from charts and DOM ladder
- Streaming news feeds from Dow Jones, USDA, Associated Press, PR Newswire, Business Wire and more
- Multiple monitor support
- Both exchange-traded spread quotes and synthetic spreads matrix
- Extensive historical data (daily, minute and tick) with data downloader
- Options analysis
- Traded volume per price display
- Interactive weather featuring satellite, radar, current conditions, forecasts and agricultural weather data
- Efficient symbol search and short-cut keys
- Price-based alerts
- Fundamental data for stocks
- Cross-platform desktop support for Windows, Mac and Linux
Barchart Trader is available at www.barchart.com/trader. Users can register for a free version with delayed streaming and historical market data or subscribe to a real-time version.
With a heritage dating back to 1934, Barchart.com, Inc. has substantial experience in meeting the information needs of the financial, media, agriculture and energy industries. As a full-service provider of equity, index, mutual fund, futures and foreign exchange market data, Barchart provides a wide range of market data products and solutions for customers ranging from institutional to retail. As an established leader in an industry that demands accuracy and innovation, Barchart's goal is to form partnerships that deliver comprehensive solutions for success. For more information, please visit www.barchartinc.com.
View All Press Releases